Every year, nearly 2 million individuals are affected by VTE-related conditions. Up to half are hospital-acquired. Of all VTE-related HACs, nearly 50% are preventable.1
Diligent’s VTE platform strives to eliminate preventable VTE conditions, like deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE). In concert with VTE-targeted products, systems, and solutions, your Diligent consultant employs a multitude of risk-assessment and compliance tools to monitor and address challenges at their root.
By the numbers:
- 300,000-600,000: number of VTE-related occurrences in the US, each year
- 60,000-100,000: number of VTE-related deaths in the US, each year
- $13,000: average cost to treat a single cast of DVT
Utilizing the right tools, data, services, and people, we help you build a culture that focuses on safe patient healing. Why? Because we believe that a better level of care is out there, and that a place of zero harm is possible. Together.
The Diligent VTE Prevention Platform
- American Public Health Association. Preventing Hospital-acquired venous thromboembolism: A Guide for Effective Quality Improvement. AHRQ. Publication No. 08-0075. August 2008.
- Per 163-bed facility. Additional data on file.