The Flowtron® ACS900 Active Compression System delivers a simple, easy to use method of enhancing the circulation of blood in the deep veins of the legs, reducing venous stasis and helping to prevent the formation of DVT.
Both Uniform and Sequential compression are proven to help prevent VTE1 when used as part of a prescribed care pathway.
The Flowtron ACS900 Active Compression System delivers both Uniform and Sequential modalities from one simple, easy to use pump, providing convenience and choice.
Flowtron garments are non-thermal in nature, with excellent moisture management properties2, which are key factors contributing to patient comfort.
A combination of garments can be used at the same time; i.e. foot and calf, providing convenience and choice for the caregiver. The patented SmartSense™ automatic garment recognition technology incorporated in the Flowtron ACS900 will automatically detect the attached garments and supply the correct pressure.
One system for all active compression therapy provides convenience, choice and comfort, while aiding asset management by reducing the need for multiple pumps in the healthcare facility.
A unique cable management system aids tubeset and power cord management in the clinical area and during transportation and storage.
The integrated battery provides uninterrupted compression therapy and the Patient Run Hours Meter records how long the compression has been delivered.
Protocols for use
The Flowtron ACS900 Active Compression System is suitable for DVT prevention in acute care environments, as a single or adjunctive therapy.
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases.
- Severe congestive cardiac failure or any condition where an increase of fluid to the heart may be detrimental.
- Known or suspected acute DVT, thrombophlebitis or Pulmonary Embolism (PE).
- Any local condition that the garment could disturb, including: gangrene, a recent skin graft, dermatitis or untreated, infected leg wounds.
For further information on Indications, Contraindications, Cautions and Warnings, refer to the ACS900 Active Compression System Instructions for Use (IFU).
- Guyatt G, Akl E, Crowther M et al (2012). Executive summary: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9thed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest, 141:7S-47S
- Data on file